where to go in Asia if you want to explore it.

I'm so sorry if your favorite Asian nation isn't on the list of the best places to visit. It can be pretty hard to choose where to go in Asia if you want to explore it.


1.  Vietnam

 "Vietnam is incredible! Hanoi specifically, but the entire coastline is unique. I took a tour that took me from Ho Chi Minh City in the south to Hanoi in the north and everywhere in between. Culture that is real. Beautiful."

 "By our standards, everything is cheap and has great food and nightlife."


 2.  Taiwan

 "The country was gorgeous, the public transportation was fantastic, and everyone was so friendly and helpful. Everything was so cheap, and the convenience stores were just as nice, if not better, than those in Japan. I really recommend Taiwan as a place to discover.  I felt so safe, too — not once did I feel the need to guard my purse or my body like I would in other countries."

 "I have been to Taiwan.  It is my top recommendation. I was in Taipei for three weeks. However, I didn't go in the summer because it was so hot when I went in June. It might be pleasant in the spring or autumn. It is simple to move around. The people are pleasant. It has excellent public transportation. It is very secure. I had no issues."


3.  Japan

 "Japan has been fun for me with the variety there.  The atmosphere in Tokyo and Kyoto is completely different. You've got ancient and modern.  a wide range of food. It's a breeze to get around using public transportation. I'd love to get up to Hokkaido for trip number three."

"I went to Japan alone in September/October, and it was great.  Particularly in Tokyo, things can get a little bit chaotic. If you go there, you could start in Kyoto, which is super walkable and has something to see around every corner.  I was there for a week, but I could have stayed longer. I’d just go aimlessly wander around and stumble upon so much.

 Also, it’s super safe.  I never felt afraid walking alone at night as a woman because there were always other women doing the same thing. This is a significant sign of safety to me." "Japan is really user-friendly and has so much to do.  Just spent six weeks there, and it was amazing. The best time is either October-November or March-April, unless you want to ski/snowboard, and then it’s February."


4.  Indonesia

 "Indonesia is amazing and beautiful. The people are the friendliest I have met anywhere."

 "Indonesia for its history, culture, and natural beauty."

5.  South Korea

 "When I was young, I spent a lot of time traveling to Korea during school breaks because my mother is Korean. Definitely recommend, but I would suggest going to some of the smaller rural cities or districts rather than Seoul or Busan because they are less crowded, have more cultural and historical landmarks, and are less likely to have tourist traps. Also, don't go to Gwangjang Market because it's now way too expensive. Instead, go to Gyeongdong, which is a lot bigger, cheaper, and a better place." —Anonymous

 "South Korea is a stunning destination. It's spotless, and the people there are kind and helpful. The variety of local dishes is reasonably priced; however, keep in mind that Korean-style pizza may differ from that of other countries. The public transportation options are clean, safe, and reasonably priced. Intercity buses are plentiful; just go to any convenience store and purchase a reloadable bus pass for that area.  The cost of intracity transportation is also very low, and I strongly recommend visiting the rural areas of the country. South Korea is about the size of the state of Indiana.  The travel time is short. There are mountains, beaches, lakes, streams, and quiet, smaller communities located within an hour of the megacity of Seoul that are worth your time to explore."


6.  Singapore

 "If you've never been outside of the United States and want to see a global Asian city, Singapore is a great place to start. English is an official language, and everyone speaks it.  Additionally, it is a wonderful city with a significant expat population and a fascinating mix of cultures." "Singapore.  Everything can be reached on foot. The malls are nice, very worth visiting.  The food is delicious, and they have both cheap and expensive foods.  Taiwan may have night markets, but Singapore has hawker centers."


7.  Laos

 "It is beautiful, cheap, safe, clean, friendly, and safe. a true secret treasure." "Laos for being small and the laidback pace of life."


8.  China

 "Thailand and Sri Lanka are really cool, but if I had to pick one, it’d be China.  It’s just so massive and diverse with endless things to see and stuff to experience and learn."

 "China!  I extended my trip to see other parts of the country as part of a two-week school program I had signed up for. Everyone was so nice and helpful, and it was shockingly affordable.  I felt incredibly safe there as a woman alone and found locals always willing to help me figure things out.  I saw so many gorgeous sights, cultural and scenery-wise (although, for many, I was the tourist attraction haha)."


9.  Malaysia

 "Malaysia for being a cosmopolitan crossroads with a bit of everything."

 "Easy to travel there, friendly people, great food, stunning scenery, lots of fun things to do."

 "Malaysia is underrated, especially for people who speak English or Chinese. Just way too hot at certain times of the year."


10.  And finally, India

 Regarding India, I believe that people's responses can be very inconsistent, depending on how they did it. I adored every minute of our private tour, which took us to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur with a driver and a local guide. The palaces were some of the most amazing structures I've ever seen, and the people were lovely, welcoming, and helpful. The food is excellent. However, I've heard of folks who tried to do India on their own and hated it.  Because it is chaotic and difficult to navigate, I believe it is one of those places where it is really helpful to have a local guide show you around. You also need to go in with the right expectations because many of the places you'll visit have poor infrastructure and a huge wealth gap that shows in the luxury of many of them. But overall, I had the best time and was completely obsessed. I went to Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam on this same trip (spent about five weeks in Asia) and loved every single one, but India was the favorite for both my partner and me."



Writer: Binod Kumar Simkhada
binodkumarsimkhada315@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join ME to Explore Something New.

Likendin is world's largest professional networking platform.

Rabies-infected dog bites can be fatal, if not vaccinated on time.