I've been on FB since about 2012.
Just got permanently banned from Facebook, and the reason they finally gave me was an absolute lie. I'm furious and completely baffled. This is long, and I apologize in advance.
I've been on FB since
about 2012. It was mostly used to keep
up with breaking news and a distant group of cousins and other relatives. There
were no heists or sales. Had around 125 friends, mostly those cousins and a few
people I went to various schools with over the years. I followed some politics, pages about vintage
cars, metal detecting, and hobby stuff.
Nothing important, but it was a good time-waster when I was bored.
I did, on occasion,
get into a spirited debate, if you will, with other users, 99% of the time
concerning politics. It's not hard to do
in the current climate. But I never took anything personally, I never got
nasty, I never wished harm on anyone, but I would defend myself if someone went
that route.
Anyhow, Sunday night, I get a notification that my account has been suspended until July 7 for a comment
they determined was "bullying and harassment". Huh?
Okay, whatever, it was not made with that intention, but your house, your
rules.
Yesterday, the 7th, I
opened my page to a notification that I am facing a permanent ban for violating
community standards. Let me clarify that
before Sunday, I had only one previous ding, which occurred years ago and
lasted just 24 hours on a post that they also claimed was bullying and
harassment. Years ago. So I immediately
try to find out why. I try to
appeal. They won't send me the code to
verify my phone or email. After
requesting it several times and eventually being told I've requested too many
codes, I have to wait 24 hours to request another. Fine.
Therefore, I requested a second code today. I get it. I verify my phone. Literally seconds after the verification, I receive notice that my account is closed and permanently banned, and the official reason is "sexualization of children".
I was on the verge of having a stroke. Nothing I ever did, said, viewed, searched, anything, ever, at any time, would even APPROACH such a ridiculous allegation. I am beyond angry. I have no activity on my page, and I don't look for content with children in it. My youngest child is 34 years old. I have no grandchildren.
I don't care about kids in any way, shape, or form. I don't watch anything with kids on it. Stunned doesn't begin to describe how I feel. Angry does, though. To the point I'm almost considering legal action of some sort. I am extremely offended at the SUGGESTION that such a thing could be true, even though I probably have no recourse in that direction. I have no idea what that might look like. A gut punch for sure. Naturally, Facebook has stated that the ban is final and cannot be appealed, and they will not provide me with the content or post they claim violates the policy. Wow.
Thanks for letting me
vent. If you didn't read this far, I
don't blame you.
Comments
Post a Comment