The Boring Truth About What Makes a Good Life




What Makes a Good Life: The Boring Truth. It has nothing to do with feeling good, being successful, or being happy. It's funny how that turns out when I read Aristotle's The Nicomachean Ethics recently. For years, I've been reading philosophy. Pragmatists, stoics, and contemporary thinkers. In my work, I have cited Aristotle numerous times. But somehow, I haven't finished The Nicomachean Ethics yet. It is regarded as one of the most significant works in the history of philosophy. It was written in the fourth century BCE. The most striking aspect of this book was its similarity to what we now refer to as "self-help." You are not motivated by Aristotle. Nor is he promising anything.

 He is posing a straightforward query: What exactly does it entail to live a happy life? You see?  Life is not pleasant, prosperous, or even meaningful. He cared about having a good life. The ideal lifestyle, as defined by Aristotle Aristotle issues a warning that already demolishes the majority of contemporary conceptions of happiness: In the same way that a single day or brief period of happiness does not make a person completely happy, "one swallow does not make a summer."


    Writer: Binod Kumar Simkhada
 binodkumarsimkhada315@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join ME to Explore Something New.

Likendin is world's largest professional networking platform.

Rabies-infected dog bites can be fatal, if not vaccinated on time.